Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

{entry_date} is wrong for previews

andrew

26 Oct, 2013 05:57 PM

Love Better Workflow, great work guys!

One minor issue... {entry_date} is wrong for previews, in that it's not displaying the actual entry submission date, but rather the current date.

I have a client who is moving over a bunch of content from an old site to a new EE site I'm creating for him, and part of that is publishing old content. We're using Better Workflow so he can have people submitting content, and him approving it.

It all works great, but because we're back-dating some of the content, it's important to see if the dates are correct... and {entry_date} is displaying as today's date, rather than the date the channel entry is set to.

Any way around this?

1. 1 Posted by andrew on 26 Oct, 2013 05:58 PM

I should have added: EE: 2.7.2, BWF: 1.6.3

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 28 Oct, 2013 10:14 AM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your message and you kind words about BWF, its great to hear that people are enjoying using it.

I'm assuming that when you're seeing the wrong entry_date are you previewing an entry in the CP. Can you let me know if the entry is a draft version of a live entry?

We do store a date against the draft copy of the entry but the entry_date tag should be pulling out the actual entry date. If you can let me know about the above we will try and replicate this one here.

Thanks and speak soon,
    Malcolm

3. 3 Posted by Andrew Welch on 28 Oct, 2013 09:03 PM

Yes, my client has someone who is entering the content, then he previews the content in the CP to see there are any issues with it, then publishes it.

The template displays {entry_date} in it, and in the CP preview, it is set to *todays* date, not the date set in the Date tab in the channel entry.

This is a preview of a not yet published piece of content. It isn't a draft version of a live entry.

Draft versions of live entries display properly.

4. 4 Posted by Rob Hodges on 01 Nov, 2013 11:25 AM

Hi Andrew,

Part of the problem is that EE stores the date information separately from the 'content' blob of data (where all the channel fields are). This also occurs for the title field (i.e. a draft with a changed title won't change until you publish). Unfortunately I can't give you a quick fix for this, but we'll look into getting this resolved.

Thanks,

Rob

5. 5 Posted by Andrew on 16 Nov, 2013 12:28 AM

Okay, that's unfortunate... because it defeats the purpose of the preview for us. We need to verify that the date is correct on each piece of content that is posted.

Right now, we have to preview the content both in Better Workflow, and also on the actual page to verify that the date is actually correct.

Hopefully you can come up with a fix soon.

6. 6 Posted by Andrew Welch on 16 Nov, 2013 12:29 AM

Okay, that's unfortunate... because it defeats the purpose of the preview for us. We need to verify that the date is correct on each piece of content that is posted.

Right now, we have to preview the content both in Better Workflow, and also on the actual page to verify that the date is actually correct.

Hopefully you can come up with a fix soon.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 20 Nov, 2013 02:12 PM

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry this feature isn't working perfectly for you. We'll take a look and see if this is something we can resolve in a future release.

Best wishes,
    Malcolm

8. 8 Posted by jim on 28 Jul, 2014 03:32 PM

Hi Malcolm,

My client is having the same issue here where the date of the blog post is listed above the entry as the entry_date but when my client is previewing it shows the current date instead of the entry_date. Any fix for this?

Thanks,

Jim

9. 9 Posted by Rob Hodges on 29 Jul, 2014 11:08 AM

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately no, we've not got round to looking at this but we hope to be able to devote some time to it as part of a future release.

Thanks,

Rob

10. Malcolm Elsworth closed this discussion on 08 May, 2015 09:32 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac