Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

PHP error with Matrix field removing all rows

David Hyland

24 Nov, 2014 09:53 PM

EE 2.8.1
BWF 1.6.4.2
Matrix 2.6

I have a BWF channel with a Matrix field and when logged in as a Channel Editor and I remove all rows from the Matrix field and then hit Submit for Approval I get this error:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: fieldtypes/ep_matrix.php
Line Number: 44

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\xampplite\htdocs\ignite\firstchoice-msm\trunk\system_msm\addons\ep_better_workflow\fieldtypes\ep_matrix.php on line 44

Upon further testing the same error occurs when clicking Save & Close as Channel Editor or as SuperAdmin. Clicking Publish as a SuperAdmin does not produce the error.

1. 1 Posted by David Hyland on 24 Nov, 2014 10:36 PM

Okay, curiously I can't replicate this any more so I guess it must have been a temporary glitch with an entry perhaps?

2. 2 Posted by Rob Hodges on 25 Nov, 2014 10:01 AM

Hi David,

Glad it's resolved itself, the problem may have been due to an unsupported fieldtype? Matrix's BWF compatibility is actually handled by P&T, but in this instance you're getting an error with one of our files, so it might need to be looked into a bit deeper.

If/When it happens again, could you take a screenshot and let us know your fieldtypes/add-ons?

Thanks,

Rob

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac