Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Drafts not saving

Jon MacKinnon

20 Jan, 2015 11:53 AM

Hello,

We have inherited a site from an agency as they're no longer able to support it. One of the issues they were having was that drafts weren't being saved. I'm unfamiliar with Better Workflow but everything seems to be setup how it should be so I figured the easiest thing was to just come straight to you guys and see if you can help.

EE 2.5.5
BWF 1.5.1
Structure 3.3.8

Other add ons are Freeform Pro, Google Maps for ExpressionEngine, Google Sitemap Lite, Stash, Custom System Messages, Forms JS Validation, Streeng.

Unfortunately I can't provide any PHP information or access to the CMS as the agency we've inherited it from can't currently provide us with those admin details. I understand the best thing to do would probably be to upgrade everything to latest versions, but as it stands that's not something we can easily do.

Thanks,

Jon

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 20 Jan, 2015 04:09 PM

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately we can't really provide much insight based on the information you have provided.

Can you give us a little more detail on the problem you are having. In what way are the drafts not saving? Is this effecting the Publish view, Preview, live site? Are you getting any errors?

If you can't give us access some screen grabs could be helpful.

Best wishes,
    Malcolm

2. 2 Posted by Jon MacKinnon on 20 Jan, 2015 04:19 PM

HI Malcolm,

Apologies for being so vague. 

If I publish an entry in a channel which uses workflow to control it, then when I go back into that entry to make changes and only save them rather than publish them, when I revisit the entry the draft changes haven’t been saved. 

It’s on both the live domain and my local testing environment, and no errors are being displayed, in fact it all looks to be working as it should be.

I’ve attached some screenshots which show the process.

Thanks,
    Jon

moresoda°
    digital mixology

28 Brock Street  Bath  BA1 2LN
    t. 01225 808 630  w. moresoda.co.uk

Moresoda Design Ltd. 
    Registered address as above. Company no. 6432433

3. 3 Posted by justin on 21 Jan, 2015 09:28 PM

I had a similar problem to what is described the other day. Instead of "not saving" the fields had no content in them at all. I solved it by simply updating BWF from 1.5 to 1.6.4.2.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 23 Jan, 2015 01:32 PM

Hi Jon,

I can see from your screen grabs that the BWF Draft is being created. There are a number of reasons why the Draft content isn't appearing in the publish view, for example another add-on using the publish_form_entry_data hook.

https://devot-ee.com/hooks/ee/publish_form_entry_data

If you can't update BWF, which would be the best options, are you able to disable any other add-on which uses this hook and see if this solves the problem?

Hope this is helpful.
    Best wishes,
    Malcolm

5. 5 Posted by Jon MacKinnon on 28 Jan, 2015 01:17 PM

Hi Malcolm,

We had one other add on installed using that hook which I’ve removed as it wasn’t enabled anyway, but the problem is still there. The site has a lot of relationships on, so would you be able to provide me with a copy of version 1.6.1.3 to upgrade to?

Thanks,

Jon

moresoda°
    digital mixology

28 Brock Street  Bath  BA1 2LN
    t. 01225 808 630  w. moresoda.co.uk

Moresoda Design Ltd. 
    Registered address as above. Company no. 6432433

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 28 Jan, 2015 04:01 PM

Hi Jon,

I have emailed you a version which will hopefully work.

Best wishes,
    Malcolm

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac