Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

BW displays PHP errors when I select 'Save and preview' on a live entry

Lamar Henderson

25 Jun, 2015 02:47 PM

We're in the process of developing a new website for our organization, and we've implemented Better Workflow. At first, it appeared to work fine, but I have been getting PHP errors when I select 'Save and preview' on a live entry. Usually I get a page full of errors; please see the attached screen shot.

Similar PHP errors occur with the draft version of an entry created by selecting 'Save and preview' from a live entry.

I also get PHP errors if I select 'Save and close,' then reopen the entry.

What I've found is that I can archive a live entry, then select 'Save and preview' and it works fine.

I found a post here that suggested this sort of thing might be caused by using conditionals with custom fields. I tried the suggested fix — changing {if custom_field} to {if 'custom_field' != ''} — but it didn't work for me.

Any suggestions?

Current ExpressionEngine version: 2.9.2
PHP version: 5.3.29
Better Workflow version: 1.6.4.2

Thanks.

L.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 26 Jun, 2015 09:50 AM

Hi Lamar,

I'm sorry you are having problems using BWF.

The best advice I can give you is to strip the template down to the most basic code and get it working. No embeds, snippets or conditionals, just a channel entries tag.

If you are still getting an error it may be down to a third-party add-on in which case you'll need to give me information on these.

If it previews without error start building it back up bit by bit. Just add in single elements at a time and then preview. It may be that you have an issue in a snippet of embed.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Malcolm

2. Malcolm Elsworth closed this discussion on 24 Sep, 2015 01:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac