Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Top Buttons Not Working

Chip Lay

16 Aug, 2013 12:44 PM

For some reason the top row of save and close / publish buttons are not working for us. Strangely enough - save and preview is. We've used BWF before without issues - so I'm guessing there's a conflict. There is a single JS error when loading the page "failed to load resource http://www.*******.com/cms/2001 no clue what that is for or if it matters.

Here's are thirdparty list:
EE 2.6.1
BWF 1.6.2.1
Blueprints 2.0.6
Structure 3.3.10
Zenbu 1.8.4
Matrix / Playa (2.5.6 / 4.4.5)
Wygwam 3.0.2
Assets 2.1.4
Low Search 2.3.1
Low Vars 2.3.5
Freeform 4.0.12

Thanks for your help!

1. 1 Posted by Chip Lay on 16 Aug, 2013 12:48 PM

I did just notice that the top row of buttons is not located inside of the primary form tag for the page - is that intentional? See attached.

2. 2 Posted by Rob Hodges on 21 Aug, 2013 01:40 PM

Hi Chip,

Sorry for the delay in replying, this one must've slipped through the net! As for the top row not being inside the form, that is indeed intentional.

Can I ask what you mean by 'not working'? Do you get any behaviour/errors at all? The add-ons that you are using all look fine, apart from Blueprints, which we may be conflicting with. Is there a possibility to disable Blueprints and test?

Thanks,

Rob

3. 3 Posted by Chip Lay on 21 Aug, 2013 02:08 PM

No worries - but not working I mean I click the button to "publish" (or save and close / archive) and nothing happens. No javascript errors in the console either. We've already done a lot of setup work in Blueprints that I'd hate to lose - any chance you could install a copy and test on your end? Thanks for your help!

4. 4 Posted by Rob Hodges on 21 Aug, 2013 05:08 PM

Hi Chip,

I've installed Blueprints on our testbed and it's definitely a conflict between the two add-ons. I've not actually used Blueprints before, but I can see that when you change a template it reloads the publish view. I guess when it does this the javascript events are not getting 're'-bound to the publish buttons.

Unfortunately, our lead dev on this is away until Tuesday so I don't think we'll be able to do much before then. You could possibly ask Brian Litzinger to look at it, but I'm not technically gifted enough to know if the fix needs to be applied on his or our end!

Thanks,

Rob

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 02 Sep, 2013 09:54 AM

Hi Chip,

We've looked into this further and unfortunately it does look like BluePrints and BWF don't currently play well together, although this may be a red herring and the behaviour we are seeing does not match what you describe.

Is there anyway we could get access to the CP of your server so we can view first hand the behaviour?

Thanks,
    Malcolm

6. 6 Posted by Jacek Sompel on 25 Nov, 2014 09:02 AM

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I am experiencing exactly the same problem with Blueprints and Better Workflow. Top publish and archive buttons don't do anything when you click on them.

Was there a resolution to this issue?

My current setup is with:
    EE 2.9.2
    Blueprints 2.1
    Better Workflow 1.6.4.2
    Structure 3.3.14.5
    plus a few other extensions

I am happy to provide CP access if necessary.

Thanks,
    Jacek

7. 7 Posted by Rob Hodges on 25 Nov, 2014 09:57 AM

Hi Jack,

Unfortunately we never got to the bottom of this incompatibility (it's actually third party devs themselves who have to write in the BWF support using our API) and Brian has discontinued development on Blueprints: https://boldminded.com/news/blueprints-is-no-longer-for-sale

It's now open sourced so maybe some kind person in the community wants to fix the compatibility?

Sorry I couldn't bring you better news,

Thanks,

Rob

8. 8 Posted by Jacek Sompel on 25 Nov, 2014 10:27 AM

Oh wow, didn't know that.
    I think I will just hide the top buttons for now until I get time to fix it myself.

9. 9 Posted by Rob Hodges on 25 Nov, 2014 11:13 AM

Hi Jacek,

Sorry about that, if you do dive into the Blueprints compatibility, and have any questions about the BWF API and implementing it, please do shoot us an email and we'll try to help if we can.

Thanks,

Rob

10. 10 Posted by dagsaladvg on 03 Dec, 2014 12:21 PM

true

11. Malcolm Elsworth closed this discussion on 08 May, 2015 09:31 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac