Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Any update on custom status support

russ

05 Sep, 2012 01:04 PM

Hi guys

We have two 'live' statuses: Open for entries that appear in navigation and site maps, and Hidden for those that don't, like form submission confirmation pages.

Is there any update on support for custom statuses? I've seen an old thread but nothing more.

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 05 Sep, 2012 03:02 PM

Hi Russ,

We're a little way off this I'm afraid. The latest code has abstracted the statuses but we still need to do a lot of work before you will be able to create your own workflows.

Sorry we can't help more right now.

Malcolm

2. 2 Posted by Brendan Underwo... on 29 Jul, 2013 01:19 AM

Has this progressed any further? Need to do some work where the client wishes to 'Hide' specific entries, but still have them managed via BWF.

Regards
    Brendan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 31 Jul, 2013 10:15 AM

Hi Russ,

We are working on this feature and hope to have a new version out soon which can be configured to use additional statuses.

It will still have a linear workflow so you would need to define the order in which an entry moved though the various statuses. e.g.

draft -> submitted -> approved -> open -> another_status

Would this work in your use case?

Thanks,
    Malcolm

4. 4 Posted by Brendan Underwo... on 31 Jul, 2013 11:49 AM

Yeah Malcolm, that sounds completely workable. As long as it's using the standard 'status' var, that would be a great addition.

5. 5 Posted by James on 12 May, 2014 11:18 PM

What is the status of this? I have a couple clients that are requiring more steps in the workflow.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac