Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

is there an 'Email on content published' option?

David Makin

30 Jun, 2014 08:36 AM

I can't find any mention of there being this option but is there a way to email the content editor once the article have been approved and published?

1. 1 Posted by Rob Hodges on 30 Jun, 2014 09:31 AM

Hi David,

Currently, you would have to use EE's built in channel notification email to alert the user that an entry has been published. This of course, would trigger for any entry being published in that channel, not just the one that they submitted.

2. 2 Posted by James on 07 Jan, 2015 05:47 PM

+1 for this. I was actually coming here to post that same exact question. I have gotten a number of requests from users that they'd like to know when the content they submitted for approval has been pushed live.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 09 Jan, 2015 10:31 AM

Thanks James, we'll definitely look into this in our next round of development.

4. 4 Posted by James on 01 May, 2015 09:42 PM

Any update on this? I have a number of people asking about this. I haven't actually seen any updates for BWF in quite some time. Is there likely to be any updates? or is this module somewhat dead?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Iain Bean on 07 May, 2015 11:48 AM

Hi James,

This is still on our to-do list. In the meantime, you may find the bwf_notify_users hook useful.

Best wishes,

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac