Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Does Better Workflow work from the front-end

23 Oct, 2014 01:30 PM

Does Better Workflow allow a submitted, open entry to then be edited, but that edit not be live until approved?
Or if an entry is edited would it put that entry back into a status where the older version of it is no longer possible to put on the front-end?

If the above is true, or there is a way the admin could be notified if a user updates an entry, does this functionality work the same in the front-end by a channel-form as it does from the control panel?

For example if I have a channel form which submitted the entry to be approved, would the necessary person then get emailed about the new submission?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 24 Oct, 2014 08:39 AM

Hi Nathan,

I'll try and answer your questions as best I can.

In Better Workflow, once an entry is Live it can no longer be edited. If you make any changes BWF creates a draft version of the entry. You can amend this as many times as you want and either publish it or submit it for approval. Once this draft is published is replaces the old live version - so that one no longer exists.

Currently Better Workflow is not compatible with Channel Form. you can only use it via the Control Panel.

The native BWF notification is only triggered when an entry is submitted for approval.

I hope this answers your questions.

2. 2 Posted by Nathan Reed on 24 Oct, 2014 08:53 AM

Thanks Malcolm.

The functionality sounds exactly like what is required.
    Is support for Channel Form going to happen, or is it something that has not been considered?

Sent with Sparrow (

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac