Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

BetterWorkflow API with Datagrab

Patrick Cruz

20 Apr, 2015 10:34 PM

I'm using datagrab as a importer/updater.

I'm also using Better Workflow as the workflow controller of the page.

My question is, is there a way to create a draft version of an existing live page if exist when i'm importing the data using datagrab?

I looked at the database and it looks like BWF is creating entries for each draft. can you please let me know if there's a way of triggering the same function as 'save and close' outside of the control panel ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 24 Apr, 2015 09:56 AM

Hi Patrick,

I hope you are well. Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately this is not currently possible. In its essence BWF is quite simple, storing a copy of a channel entry's data (a draft) in a separate table so you can make changes to it without effecting the live version.

However, to support popular add-ons like Matrix and Playa we have had to develop a field-type API which means the storage of draft data for these fields resides in their own tables. This makes the inserting of data a little more complex.

I'm sure it would be possible, perhaps by modifying DataGrab ( but its not something we have developed.

Best wishes,

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac