Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Ability to automate updates

Ian Hill

12 Jul, 2016 12:02 AM

Love BWF and been using it since we launched our new site in EE a few years ago. Currently running version on EE 2.9.2.

We often have the need to automate an update. The publshing of new content is easy with a start date and kill date but for content that changes on a scheduled basis, BWF seems to be missing an extra date filed I will call Update date. We often have a known date/time when the revised material should go "live" but cannot automate this because we only have a "live" date and an expiry date.

So we wish to keep the current material online but replace it with the latest version waiting in draft mode at a scheduled date/time in the future.

Can you please tell me if there is a workaround or you can put this feature in future releases. i would've thought a simple extra date filed which if blank does nothing and if filled performs the publish function???

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 18 Jul, 2016 10:32 AM

Hi Ian,

This is the most commonly requested feature and I'm afraid it is not possible to do. The only way to publish a draft is via the CP.

We have looked into this in a lot of detail but due to the way BWF works it is not possible.

Sorry we can't help you out here.

Best wishes,

2. 2 Posted by Hill, Ian on 19 Jul, 2016 03:38 AM

Hi Malcolm

That’s a real shame but thank you for getting back to me.

Maybe one day this will be possible?

Very best regards

3. Malcolm Elsworth closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2016 09:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac