Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Safecracker/Channel Form support

David Hyland

05 Dec, 2013 08:34 PM

Hi there, I've been reading several old posts about Safecracker support which by all account looks like it was not natively supported. Is this still the case or does BetterWorkflow now support it with EE 2.7.2 and the new Channel Forms?

My particular case here will be a front-end form for submitting new entries and editing existing entries, the approval process will still be achieved via CP. If I just add the hidden "status=draft" field as suggested will that work?

I look forward to hearing back from you

1. 1 Posted by Rob Hodges on 09 Dec, 2013 10:28 AM

Hi David,

BWF does not support Safecracker/Channel Forms, but if you are simply creating new entries, setting them to status draft as you say should work. As for editing existing entries, you wouldn't be able to have any 'live-drafts', they would have to either go back to draft (i.e. not live on the website) or go straight to open, as the 'live-draft' functionality is not accessible through Safecracker.

I hope that makes sense!

2. 2 Posted by Maarten on 06 Feb, 2014 11:11 AM

Hi Rob,

Is there a special reason why Channel Forms is not supported? Is it not possible or are there other limitations or is it just because it's not developed?

I'm asking because we really need this feature and before I start developing a solution I want to make sure I don't hit the same roadblocks, if there are any.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Malcolm Elswort... on 06 Feb, 2014 03:31 PM

Hi Maarten,

BWF was always designed to be used from within the CP, this is the only reason we never spent the time working with Channel Forms

How difficult it will be depends on what you want to do. If you just want to be able to submit new entries from a channel form I doubt much work will be required. If you want to be able to edit existing entries and submit updates to their content it will be quite a lot more complex as you will need to retrieve the draft data and this is stored separately from the native entry data.

Best wishes,

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac