Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Suggestions to improve redirects

Matt

15 Jan, 2014 07:17 PM

Having played around a bit with Better Workflow in the past few days, I have two suggestions for how to improve the Redirect functionality.

1. Extend the redirect functionality to include redirecting after Publishing/Archiving an entry. I would love to be able to completely bypass the View Entry screen, but BWF sends me there after Publishing/Archiving. (I realize that I can override this behavior with other add-ons like Deviant, but it seems to me like this would be a useful improvement within BWF itself.)

2. When redirecting to the EE Edit List, BWF currently redirects to the Edit List for all channels. I would prefer that it redirect to the Edit List for the channel of the entry I just left. It seems to me that this would be a more focused experience, as almost all of my users work in one channel at a time. If there's a compelling reason to keep the multichannel Edit List as the default, I would request that you add an option for the EE Edit List for the entry's channel.

Thanks for such a great add-on. I have a feeling this is going to become part of my default install.

1. 1 Posted by Rob Hodges on 24 Jan, 2014 09:56 AM

Hi Matt,

Good ideas, we've added them to our idea bank!

Thanks,

Rob

2. Rob Hodges closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2014 09:56 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac